Have you recently started a new group, or have had an influx of new members recently join your group?
Here is a quick-start guide of the 4 things you need to know to start using BigTent. Share this guide with your members, or anyone you know that is new to BigTent!
1) How to add or update your profile picture.
- Go to my bigtent > settings > personal info and click “change” next to the profile picture.
- Learn more: Video & Guide: How do I upload a new profile picture?
2) How to change or update your notification settings on BigTent.
- Go to my bigtent > settings > email options.
3) How to edit or update your profile on BigTent.
- Go to “my bigtent” and click the “settings” link.
- Change your personal information. To learn more about making these changes, see the FAQs in the “Profile” category.
- Edit the information you choose to share with your group. Click “settings,” then choose “profile privacy.” Use the checkboxes to decide what information group members can see for each of your groups. Learn more here: How can I control who sees my personal information?
- Suspend or resume your group membership. Simply click the “membership info” tab then click “Suspend membership” under the group in question. See this FAQ for step-by-step directions: How do I leave my group or subgroup?
4) How to participate in your group(s) forums.
- You can participate via email or online, and you can search for specific topics. Go to “my groups” > group name > and click on the “forum” tab.
- Learn more: Quick Overview: Forums
As always, please go to support.bigtent.com to find answers to any additional questions, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The BigTent Team