Your primary and sign-in email address is the address you use to sign in to your BigTent group as well as the email address at which you receive group announcements and forum messages.
We often get asked whether this primary email address can be changed. Indeed it can. Please see instructions below on changing your primary email address for this week’s member tip.
If you are a group leader, please feel free to pass these instructions along to your members by posting them into your group.
Changing your primary email address is a quick, three-step process:
1. Sign in to www.bigtent.com with your old email address.
- Go to my bigtent > settings, then click “change” next to your email address.
- Click “Add another email address” and enter your new email address in the box. Click “Add.
2. We’ll send an email to your new address so that you can verify it.
- Please note: The email comes from firstname.lastname@example.org, so please check your spam or junk folder if you have difficulty finding it.
3. Click the link provided in the confirmation email to verify your new address.
- You’ll be taken to back to your BigTent “settings” page.
- Click “make primary” next to your new email address. You’ll need to enter your password for security reasons.
Once you add a new primary email address, you’ll also have the option to remove your old email address. Remember that after you change your primary email address, you’ll need to use this address to sign in to BigTent.
As always, please go to support.bigtent.com to find answers to any additional questions, or contact us at email@example.com.
The BigTent Team