Events on BigTent can be used for more than just RSVP’s. You can ask your members to bring items and even sign-up volunteers to handle tasks.
After setting up the details for your group’s event follow these steps:
To collect sign-ups for items to bring:
1) Check the box “Ask attendees to bring something,” click “Add an Item” and specify name and # of this item needed.
2) Click “Add” to add the item.
3) Set limits or requirements across all items, by clicking click “Set advanced options.” Here you can require each party to bring a certain # of total items (e.g. 3 total items whether they’re baked treats, appetizers, or entrees). Or you can limit the # of total items any party is able to bring.
To collect sign-ups for volunteer shifts:
1) Check the “Attendees can sign up for tasks or shifts” box and click “Add a Task.”
2) Specify the name of the task/shift (tip: include details like the time shift begins/ends) and the # of spots available.
3) Click “Add” to return to the event screen. Add as many tasks as you’d like.
4) Click “Set advanced options” to require attendees to sign up for at least a certain number of shifts or to limit the number of total volunteer shifts available to each guest.