Tell a Friend Campaign
Here’s some food for thought! You now have a chance to win a 3-month or 1-year subscription to the Saving Dinner Menu-Mailer group on BigTent.
What’s a Menu-Mailer, you ask? Only the most convenient way to get healthy and helpful dinner recipes at your fingertips. Every week, the Saving Dinner team will send you six mouth-watering recipes, complete with a handy shopping list to get you in and out of the grocery store in record time. You can learn more about Menu-Mailers here.
We have 30 3-month subscriptions (a $9.95 value) and three 1-year subscriptions (a $29.95 value) to give away. On April 10th, 20th, and 30th, we’ll hold drawings for 10 members each to win a three-month Menu-Mailer subscription. On April 30th, we’ll also select our three grand prize, one-year subscription winners. (We will notify the winner via email and we will announce them here on our Blog.)
In order to win, start using our new “Tell a Friend” feature to spread the word about your BigTent group or groups.
How to Enter
Go to Your BigTent Group Buzz page and click on the “Tell a Friend” button on the right-hand side of the screen. For every friend you contact through “Tell a Friend” between now and April 30th, you’ll receive one entry into our prize drawings.
A Few Notes
- Don’t worry if you’ve already told your friends, we’ll include everyone who has used this feature since it was launched on March 19th.
- We’re not able to track who uses the Facebook component of the “Tell a Friend” feature, so you’ll have to use the other options to get entered. (Though we still highly encourage you to post about your groups on Facebook.)
- Make sure to check with your group admin before you invite people to join the group. In some cases, admins may prefer you to spread the word and point friends to the group’s webpage.
- You can learn more about using “Tell a Friend” in this help article.
- If you don’t belong to a group where you can invite a lot of people, feel free to join one of these national groups and invite your friends to join these:
Good Luck and Happy Inviting!
- Rufus and the BigTent team
This week, we’re excited to announce our latest release, which contains three great additions to BigTent:
1. Invite friends. Grow your group without lifting a finger! Now members can invite their friends to join your group. Group members can type in email addresses of invitees, or import contacts directly from AOL, Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, or MSN.
2. Tell a friend. It’s free publicity for your group. Members can send their friends a message containing a link to your group’s public website, or they can even share a link on their Facebook profiles.
3. Manage area upgrades. In an effort to make our management tools more accessible, we’ve moved some things around. We’ve created a new “Group Dashboard” tab, which allows you to update settings for different features, plus take care of common administrative tasks.
We’ve also added a “Get Support” tab, which points you to several resources to help you launch and maintain your group.
We hope these new features will help spread the word about your groups, and assist members in establishing more meaningful connections. Got questions or feedback? Please let us know. We love to hear from you!
Michelle and the BigTent Team
Published March 11, 2009
Our team is excited to unveil a new look and feel to our public pages at www.bigtent.com. In just a few short weeks, we took our goals of improving feature visibility, simplifying the layout, and encouraging more group sign-ups, and turned them into a reality. We also wanted to highlight that BigTent is a great solution for all types of community groups, parenting and beyond.
Thanks to all of our members who contributed to the design. We received some helpful feedback on what would make our new public pages more relevant and appealing, and we were so thrilled at the number of testimonials we were able to post on our pages.
Our team will continue to look for ways to highlight the great groups that use our platform. If you have a group photo that you think would look good on our public site, please let us know. We also welcome any feedback you have on the new site design.
Hope you enjoy the new site! Tell your friends and family to check out the new, improved www.bigtent.com and start a group.
Mia and the BigTent team
Published March 3, 2009
Everyone at BigTent is very proud of the news coverage our groups have received in the past week! From feature stories about neighborhood crime watch groups in California and Maryland, to an article in Qatar’s best-selling English newspaper profiling an international expat/mum’s group in Doha, BigTent really is everywhere!
In no particular order, check out all this great news about some of our groups:
East Deer Park Neighborhood Watch Group in Gaithersburg, Maryland – leader Gail Norris
Fremont Neighborhood Watch Group in Fremont, CA, *and* Neighborhood Leadership Collaborative – leader Philippa Slayton
Doha Expat Mums and Kids in Doha, Qatar – leader Roxanne Piper
Any groups out there interested in brainstorming ways to get your story out to the media? How has using BigTent improved your group? How has BigTent changed your life? Let us know. Your success is our success.
Caroline (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the BigTent team